Cinnamon Twist Loaf

A few months ago my friend Crystal shared her butterhorn recipe. We enjoyed them immensely. I took them one step further and added chocolate to the dough. I also adapted the recipe for the bread machine.

Last freezer cooking day, I experimented with the dough once again and came up with an easy cinnamon twist that is bound to be a great addition to your weekend brunch table. It’s not overly sweet, but you could notch it up a bit if you want by adding more cinnamon sugar.

This is a great make-ahead recipe and you can even use the dough three different ways: make regular butterhorns, make the chocolate butterhorns and then make 1 or 2 cinnamon twist loaves.

What are your multi-purpose recipes?

About Jessica Fisher

Comments

1. Suzie says:

Did you use SAF yeast for this? I have been using that in my bread machine, so I’m wondering if that would be the correct measurement or if I’d need to adapt it a little when using SAF. Thanks for all the great bread machine recipes!

• Jessica says:

yes, that’s what I get from Costco.

2. Becky says:

Almost sounds like Challah Bread. Roll your loaves in a mixture of seeds before cooking. Will give it a flavorful crunch.

• Jessica says:

That sounds like a great idea! We’ll make this dough super, uber, multi purpose.

3. my husband and i love the butterhorns & these look amazing too!

4. chaya says:

Beautiful loaves. Braiding really worked.

• Jessica says:

It was really fun to make, too.

5. Jeanne Hounsell says:

I’ve been searching for a good dough to make hot pockets with. Do you think this one would work well?

6. Susan Anderson says:

Love your recipe for the butterhorns – started out with the chocolate chips just along the top rolled up and plain butterhorns (brushed with egg wash sometimes) I’ve now used it to make mini-cinnamon rolls by spreading with butter & cinnamon-sugar and baking either 1 large (cut sides on side) or 3 smaller pieces (cut side up) in each muffin tin and yesterday added some almond extract to the dough and brushed with butter with almond extract & brown sugar and then covered with almond slices rolled up…topped with more almonds & some swedish sugar (like little sugar balls…not remembering correct name right now!)…can’t wait to try the bread!! Thanks!

7. Gina Shaterkina says:

Hi all. I am experimenting my bread machine doug cycle. I have already made some pizzas, tried sweet pastry doug (that didnt xcame out right). Hope this pecipe will work as desribed. Although I dont have a brown sugar, will try to use plain sugar and cinnamon mix and egg for dipping. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

8. marie says:

I do not have a bread machine. But i really wanna try this recipe in the morning can some help me with adding the ingredients.

• Jessica says:

Follow the link to Crystal’s original butterhorn recipe. Hers does not require a bread machine. 🙂