Crockpot Recipe Round-Up

Ultimate Recipe Swap

My slow cooker is one of my very best friends. I love being able to set it to work in the morning and then not really think about a main dish until later. In fact, I actually have three crockpots in different sizes. And I put those babies to work quite often.

Let me introduce you to some of our favorite crockpot recipes.

Crockpot Applesauce

Carnitas Soft Tacos

Salsa Verde Beef

BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Crockpot Potatoes

Chocolate Fondue

About Jessica Fisher

Comments

1. Angela says:

I *LOVE* my crockpot!! I made a roast in it on Sunday, and tonight I made Bourbon Chicken in it!

2. Amy L. says:

Thank you! It’s football season again (2-hour long practices 5 nights a week!), so I’m always on the lookout for more good crockpot recipes!

3. Rebecca says:

My favorite crock pot recipes are chili (great to make a huge batch and then freeze the leftovers), BBQ beef (also great for freezing single serve portions), and Italian chicken – chicken breast, potatoes, Italian dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Actually the chicken one isn’t my favorite, but my hubby and son love it so I make it on days when I’m working during dinner time.

4. Tracy says:

I love my Secret Weapon, as Flylady calls it! I do chicken tacos! 2lbs chicken, 1 cup salsa, 4 cloves garlic sliced, 2tblspoons chili powder, and chipoltle chili in adobo (can) I use a tiny amount for flavor chop it up! It is HOT so use sparingly, freeze unused for next time! I make a big batch, freezes very well! I love to get premarinaded pollo meat on sale and use that, soooo yummy!

5. Ah, my mom used to make crockpot apple sauce. What good memories!

6. krissy says:

I just made a giant batch of spaghetti sauce today based loosely on FishMama’s sauce.

7. My family LOVES twice cooked crockpot apple sauce (aka apple butter). Thanks for posting these great recipes…. what a wonderful reminder 🙂

8. Susan says:

Thank you for sharing these! I love using the crockpot and I will be sure to pass these recipes on to the busy moms I work with. Dinner prep is one of the biggest stressors for moms, when we can make it easier the whole family thrives!

9. Ooooooh, my “to try” file just got a little bigger 🙂 thank you!

I love crockpot cooking, too (we only have two sizes right now, but I do think sometimes about a 3rd … glad to know I’m not the only one LOL)

Best wishes, Kara

10. AllieZirkle says:

Oh yum! I just used my Crockpot on the patio to cook up 2 lbs of chickpeas for hummus. Yum!

I need to make the fondue. That looks delish!!

11. such good timing! A friend just gave me her old crockpot!! and would you believe it? today I just made applesauce with the crabapples from my back yard! 🙂

I’m looking forward to learning more crockpot recipes! 🙂

12. Denise C. says:

I love, love, love the idea of doing baked potatoes (and applesauce, really all the recipes listed. in the crockpot.)
    My concern with the potatoes is having the foil burn since there is no liquid in there. Have you ever had any trouble with that?

• Jessica says:

No, I haven’t. The heat seems to pull out the moisture in the potatoes so that the crockpot steams them. It’s a different texture than baking them in the oven.