Coconut Lime Muffins with Chocolate Chips

Having mixes premade is such a happy thing for me. No measuring too early in the morning, no flour flying. And I especially love it that I can customize mixes. Since it’s so easy to prepare baked goods with a homemade mix, I feel a little added inspiration to get creative.

These muffins are a result of all that. They were so good! I made a dozen large and a dozen mini-muffins with this recipe. And there were none left over. We gobbled them up within the hour.

My Mix and Match Muffin recipe allows you not only to have a homemade mix at the ready, but it also offers you a lot of freedom in your baking. Add whatever “mix-ins” sound good to you.

It’s okay to leave some dry spots. Over mixing results in a tough muffin.

It’s okay to fill the cups. Mama Bear muffins are in the background. Baby Bear muffins the foreground. Sorry, no Papa Bear muffins this time.

Cool on a rack, but not too long, else they’ll eat them all before you can ice them. And truly, you do want to ice them.

This icing takes it over the top! Delicious! Enjoy!

About Jessica Fisher

Comments

1. These look seriously amazing!
    ~Liz

• Jessica says:

They are soooo good. There were none leftover — and I made 24 mixed sizes.

2. Jerri says:

Oh my goodness! How creative! I love the look of that glaze!

3. Holly says:

Yum! Those sound really good!

4. What is coconut cream concentrate? Other uses for it or suggestions where to get it? The containers on Amazon are pretty big and I’m not sure what I’d do with it…but this recipe sounds really good!

• Jessica says:

Yes, mine came in a big container, too. I’ll be reviewing it in the next month when I figure it out. I think you could buy a small can of CocoLoco.

5. oh my….these sound wonderful! I adore limes.
    Jana

6. AllieZirkle says:

Delish! I’m coming over to snag one. Wait, they’re all gone? Dang… 🙂

7. Jenny says:

I used your recipe to make banana/chocolate chip muffins on Sunday, but had some batter left over so I froze it in muffin wrappers. I took them out today and popped them right into the (cold) oven and they turned out perfectly. Thanks for showing me how EASY muffins can be!

8. Coconut is my new thing and these look AWESOME! Think we’ll be trying ’em. Thanks for the recipe.

9. Debbie says:

how long does the dry mix last? Do you just store in a tight container?

• Jessica says:

@Debbie, each batch goes in its own ziploc bag which I keep in the freezer for long storage.

10. Melissa says:

Have you ever tried freezing the muffins after they’ve been cooked?

• Jessica says:

Yes. Just cool completely and place them in a large ziptop bag. Do the frosting right before serving.

11. Kathy says:

Thank you for this idea! If I don’t have plain yogurt or sour cream available, can I sub something else?

• Jessica says:

@Kathy, you could try adding more milk until it’s the right consistency. No promises. 🙂

Trackbacks