pantry-challenge_lead

Pantry Challenge 2017-23 & 24

This month we’re avoiding the grocery store and shopping the kitchen. Here’s how we’re eating. It’s like reality TV, for food.

Sorry for no post last night. It was a full day with lots of running around, including taking my husband to Urgent Care. Wish I could say he’s better, but the antibiotics have yet to kick in. Sigh.

Since I was in the neighborhood I stopped in at ALDI for eggs and milk. Talk about your screaming egg deal….My only guess is that eggs are a “loss leader” at this particular ALDI. With egg laws such as they are in California, there’s no way they are making any profit off these eggs.

Pantry Challenge Meals, Day 23

Breakfast: Corn muffins, fruit

Lunch: Sandwiches, Veggie Dippers

Dinner: Best Ever Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, Classic Potato Salad, Poorman’s Chicken Caesar Salad

Pantry Challenge Meals, Day 24

Breakfast: Muffins from the freezer, eggs, toast

Lunch: Quinoa Salad to Make You Swoon, Tuna Salad Sandwiches

Dinner: Carne Asada Tacos, Black Beans, Mexican Rice

Comments

1. Day 23
    B: Boiled eggs, grapefruit halves, cereal
    L: Lunch date with husband
    D: Fried pork rice, raspberries, strawberries
    I need to think about a do-it-yourself dinner for husband and kids tomorrow since I have a work dinner to go to.

Day 24
    B: Boiled egg, cereal, raspberries
    L: Hamburgers, green beans, tossed salad
    D: Husband and kids had hotdogs, strawberries, raspberries. I had a work dinner

We were completely out of fresh fruit so I spent $12 to get bananas, oranges and apples.

2. Hopefully the meds will have your husband on the mend soon. Are you and the kiddos feeling better?
    Jan 23
    Breakfast–Husband had his eggs. I made PB toast with my homemade bread and it was wonderful.
    Dinner–enchiladas and rice with extra enchilada meat and corn mixed and the tomato juice from the tomatoes I cooked down in the crockpot for chili mac
    Snacks dump cake and string cheese
    Jan 24
    Breakfast was the usual
    Dinner was an egg bake with eggs, potatoes, ham and cheese with toast
    Snacks were banana muffins.

3. Laurie in CA says:

Day 23
    B – scrambled eggs, avocado and black beans for me, breakfast burrito for hubs
    L – I had big green salad w/homemade Dijon vinaigrette, roast chicken and pepitas, roast chicken for hubs
    D – Meatloaf, baked potato for hubs, garlic green beans

Day 24
    B – scrambled eggs, toast for hubs, homemade pinto beans
    L –I had roast chicken and l/o garlic green beans, hubs had roast chicken, nuts and candy
    D – beef tacos (mine had black beans and guacamole too, yum!)

Oh gosh Jessica, I hope your husband and you and your kids get that illness eradicated pronto! This has been dragging on too long for you guys!

I finally went through the freezer (the cupboard shelves not so much and i’ve already had a few issues because I thought i had things in there that I don’t. But I’m never going to get them inventoried at this point). I really wanted to know what’s left in there and am motivated to use up and not replace anything in there at all until we get our new fridge. We really need a new one and I’m about to start looking seriously. I’d love to have very little to put into coolers when the time comes to switch out. I was stunned to see only 1 pound of chicken left!! Ack! Not sure how we’ll survive. But survive we will. We still have enough proteins for about 2 weeks worth of meals, but it’s heavy on fish/shrimp and ground meats. I just spent a little time coming up with meals through the weekend and am confident we’ll eat well until the fridge comes. And, bonus, I’ve told the guys I’m not buying anything else for the freezer until new fridge and of course it makes sense to them. So hopefully no complaining?

Day 23:
    B: son had cereal, turkey sausage, and OJ; hubs had cereal; I had a very few bites of christmas cookie leftovers(really had no time- was racing to help drop hubs’ car in the shop & him at work and get to the gym- ironic, I know)
    L: Son took leftover slice of pizza; hubs grabbed a salad at work; I had an egg salad sandwich while watching the repairman take apart my screeching dryer completely and fix it. Yay, Jan 2017 continues with household and car maintenance issues.
    D: ham, rice pilaf, green beans

Day 24:
    B: son had cereal, bacon, OJ; hubs had cereal; I had PB and honey on toast
    L: son took turkey/cheese sandwich, clif bar, pistachios; hubs took turkey/salami/cheese sandwich, pretzels, and and banana; I had cheese and crackers and an apple
    D: Made the most delicious Cajun Shrimp Pasta and didn’t need to buy a thing for it! Even had some shelf stable cream and a bell pepper on its last legs, celery, onion, shrimp in the freezer (that stash has now shrunk considerably- we gobble shrimp here), canned tomato, etc. Lots of leftover pasta in the sauce but the shrimp are mostly gone. I’ll repurpose it as a side with another protein later in the week.

I’m just glad to be feeling better and able to start working out again, even if it’s slow going since the asthma really knocked me. 2 for 2 days so far. 🙂

5. WOW! we go crazy over an 18 pack of eggs being less than $4. Its been a rough few days- so I missed several posts and havent followed our meal plan. Husband hurt his back this weekend, Im battling some stomach bug- its not fun. So we are in survival mode (= fend for yourself and mom will probably say yes to ice cream, cereal, hot pockets, instant noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner).

B= me- apple, kids= cereal
    L= husband & I went to lunch after his DR appt., kids -instant noodle
    D= chicken & squash soup (leftover from last night)

Looks like I’ll need to do another month of the challenge, to get back on track. I plan to do this all the way till we leave on our trip. It will help us save $$ and empty our pantry before our trip.

Hoping for better days to come when we are all healthy. I have a hectic next several days and need my health back… arg!

• My son called from the grand opening of our Sprouts store. Russet potatoes were 5 lbs. for $ .48. He is bring me some as I am all out and only have $ 10.00 left for the month by my rules. I want to continue PC but will set some new rules for me. Thinking of a ban on buying meat along with upping my dollar amount that I can spend.
      23 rd
      B – the usual
      L – l/o stroganoff, l/o rice l/o green beans, h/m cinnamon rolls
      D – l/o pork sandwiches on h/m buns, l/o rice made into a casserole with broccoli and cheese sauce
      Thanks to the response from a couple of ladies regarding a recipe for couscous. I am going to pick one and give it one last try. At the very least that will clear out one pantry item and at the best we will like it and buy more for for said space!.

• $ 4.00 eggs! Oh my! I gripe if ours exceed $ .99. We are lucky usually to get them a bit under that. That is at least at Aldi. The other store it is most usually $ 1.59 to 1.79.

Hope you guys feel better soon!! It’ll be so worth doing the Challenge until your trip! That savings will feel so good when you spend on a fabulous thing! 🙂

I hope you and your family are back on the mend soon now. It’s been too long. But sometimes these awful colds hang on; now it’s my turn – not feeling too good either.

Monday:

B – We both had cereal

L – Hubby had a breaded chicken cutlet sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and tomato (I have 4 more thin chicken cutlets in the freezer that I use just for sandwiches); I had a roast beef sandwich using some of the leftover roast beef from last night’s dinner

D – Hubby had some of the leftover roast beef and finished up the last of the roasted potatoes; I had some toast

Tuesday:

B – Hubby had cereal; I skipped breakfast

L – Hubby had the last of the leftover lentil soup that I made on Saturday; I skipped lunch

D – I was planning on making tuna melts today in my Panini but hubby had to work late and I’m not feeling well from my cold so I ended up just having a tuna fish sandwich on toast and hubby, when he came home, wanted a fried egg sandwich

With the remainder of the roast beef, hubby sliced it for me and wrapped each slice individually in saran wrap and put in a freezer bag for future sandwiches.

• Stephanie, so sorry to hear you are getting the “yuck bug” now. Find a good book or 2 since most of your time will be spent sitting. But don’t push yourself since the first week is really the hardest, not having energy to do much and the second week you will be good in the am. I was starting to think old age had set in when we got it since we hadn’t heard about any one else having it but guess we got it at the beginning since now every one I talk to has it or is just getting over it. Take care and rest up!

Thanks Mona. I do feel yucky right now. Started out with a cough; I had coughing fits for two days, mostly at night. Yesterday, it was better, hardly coughed all day and only a little at night. My stomach muscles hurt. But the tissue box is getting empty fast and today, I’m feeling a little off in the stomach too. I already told Paul I’m not cooking tonight – I can’t even look at food. But thanks so much for checking in on me. I really appreciate it. 🙂

• Just take it easy and rest up. It took us 2 weeks before we become human for a whole day again. I hate to say it but I was glad we both got it at the same time because otherwise one or the other of us would have thought we were making it up. It was hard to believe our energy level was so low for so long…..maybe its age. lol Take care

• Stephanie, do you have any chicken stock in your freezer or shelf stable box that you can drizzle a scrambled egg into for egg drop soup? It may help. I hope you feel better soon too!

Thanks for the idea Felicia. Some soup sounds so good right now. Actually, I’ve never made home made stock but I do have some in my pantry and maybe I’ll whip something up for myself later today.
            Oh this cold!!!!! Now I know what everyone’s been talking about.

So sorry to hear you’ve fallen prey to this nasty thing! It does take a while to feel normal again. Mine sounds kind of like yours- instead of coughing first, it was asthma (lungs though-the same?), then the congestion (how much tissue??) and lack of appetite and general malaise, etc. Mine has ended with the asthma again and I’m feeling much more like myself, but it took two weeks. Still not full of energy, but mostly fine. Hopefully you aren’t any worse off. Hope it passes more quickly!! Also, I love tuna sandwiches, any way, any how. Your dinner would have been good tuna melt OR tuna salad on toast. YUM!! 🙂

Thanks Heather. OMG All I did was cough all night last night (Wednesday). Then every five minutes grab more tissues. I’m starting to look like Rudolph!!!!

I remember how much you love tuna fish sandwiches. I love them too. Do you like tuna casserole or fried tuna patties too? I make both if you want the recipes.

7. last night was leftovers from the freezer as I had massage therapy and Hubby was on his own. He took what was left in his lunch. I pulled out breaded pork tenderloin for tonight’s dinner and going to try your rainbow quinoa salad as the side

8. Di in Aus says:

sounds like very nasty bug going on. Praying the bug leaves soon.
    And good health returns.

Monday
    B: creal and milk for kids.back to school day here.i thinkhubby and i skipped breakfast.

L: mango, pancakes, cheese tomatoes crackers, weet bix cream cheese and rasberry jam sanies,

D: cheese and veg toasties
    Hubby and i had last of rice noodels in a skillet italian type meal.

Kids complained of being hungry now back at school.bit the bullet and stocked up on fresh and dried fruit,cheese,yougurt,frozen veg cost about $100 but money well spent. There are only a few odds and ends that i want used up in tye freezer so we are almost at the end of our challenge.

B: weetbix and bananna with milk/coconut milk
    L: carrot,froz peas, dried fruit medly, left over chick pea flour pancakes, cheese and home made crackers, pumpkin and vegemite Quesadilla sans cheese,apple ,yougurt . (Think my kids are on a growth spurt again) no complaints of being hungry today:)

D: crock pot taco mince( brought last week.needed using up.,corn tortillas and shreded salad cottage cheese.taco mince used up a bag of chickpeas from freezer and a jar of passata open in the fridge.enough for a few meals.only took me 15 min to prep this am thanks to the food processor this am.why i didn’t do this earlier a few years back im not sure.will do my best to try keep it up though..

Got round to finally freezing chicken stock tonight so more spa e again in freezer.plan to chop up ripe mangoes for chuttney to go in freezer once i have more time to make it again. Must try to make up a menue plan for last remaining things.

9. I hope your husband feels better soon!

I don’t remember breakfast or lunch on Monday, but I made Jessica’s chicken bacon sub and Asian slaw for dinner, and they were both fantastic!

Yesterday was coffee and green smoothie for breakfast for me, cereal for kids. Lunch was leftover chicken/bacon sub, Asian slaw and apples for me; PBJ, Fritos, juice box and applies for kids. Dinner was homemade tomato basil soup and grilled cheese. It’s funny: I used to love Campbell’s tomato soup, but have been making homemade recently. I bought a can of Campbell’s a couple weeks ago, and can’t say I care for it any longer. Even my kids agreed that the homemade soup was way better! Kids had cereal as a snack before bed.

10. Finished up some leftovers for lunch and dinner. Still have a few to eat up in the next two days. Then, had breakfast for dinner…eggs, muffins, turkey bacon. There’s leftover turkey bacon for my girls to add to breakfasts for a couple of days, so they are thrilled. They had egg whites and I set the yolks aside for pudding or something. But, I made a quadruple batch of crepes and decided to just dump in the extra yolks. You can’t even tell. I’m glad I thought of it…about half the time I save yolks they just end up being thrown away later. I’ll have to remember that for the future. All those crepes should get my girls through breakfasts and snacks until they go to Grandma’s for a sleepover this weekend. I splurged on chinese takeout for lunch and have leftovers for multiple meals. It was a planned splurge, so OK. I’m planning a few meals my son likes for this weekend, when his sisters are gone (he wasn’t thrilled about the breakfast for dinner or crepes). I’m planning to clean out the fridge a bit today and segregate some condiments that need to be used up. Will try to work those into the meal plan soon.

11. tastycook says:

Hope everyone with ‘the bug’ gets better soon, preferably without sharing it.

Hubby had his post surgery check up yesterday and, knowing we had bad weather coming in, we drove the 60 miles or so on Monday and stayed in a hotel overnight. Drove back home yesterday in the snow. Didn’t achieve much for the PC but we ate.

Monday
    B – fruit and yogurt for hubby, slice of Sunday’s quiche for me.

L – we finished the quiche

S – we ate at Panera – soup and sandwich for hubby, Mac & cheese for me

Tuesday
    B – yogurt and an English muffin for hubby, bacon and toast for me, with a yogurt

L – salads

S – cauliflower cheese

12. Hope hubby starts feeling better soon! Just make sure you don’t over do it! Every one I talk to either has it or has had it. So don’t think too many will escape it this year.

Monday 1/23

Breakfast – Chocolate chip cheeseball & crackers, cheeseball gone but still lots of crackers to use up

Lunch – Granddaughter #3 and I had lunch before her Dentist appointment, her favorite Chick fil a

Dinner – Spaghetti w/sauce and turkey meatballs, garlic toast & salad

Tuesday 1/24

Breakfast – Oatmeal w/brown sugar

Lunch – Salami & cheese w/crackers (determined to use them up)

Dinner – Baked chicken legs, 5 ingredient potato gratin, green beans

13. I’m curious about the snacks. I have a big family and when I do pantry challenges, it’s not the food that gets me, it’s the snacks! I run out of snacks before I can blink. I end up making homemade snacks (popcorn, cookies, cake) and raiding the veggie/fruit drawers… and still I run out. My kids want at least 2 snacks a day, which they need because they are already on the thin side. How do you handle snacks in general, and especially during a pantry challenge?
    Thanks!

14. We’ve been sick here again (second time this month the whole family has been hit by a cold.) Yuck. So, I’m not making the progress I wanted to on emptying the freezer.

Monday
    B – cold cereal, milk, tea (I went to the store and picked up more cereal, when we are sick I need something easy for breakfasts.)
    L – various leftovers for the family, a salad for me
    D – Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and steamed veg. I love to bake, and I was feeling decent so I made cake batter chocolate chip cookies. My family loves cookies. 🙂

Tuesday
    B – cold cereal, milk, tea
    L – soup made with leftover pasty filling, biscuits made with the last of the bisquick. Not even sure why I bought bisquick but it’s been sitting in my pantry for over a year and I figured it was time for it to go.
    D – shredded pork tacos from Jessica’s Good Cheap Eats cookbook (They were very good!), and mexican rice, cookies for dessert for the kids

15. January 23

Breakfast: Coffee for me. French toast with berry syrup for hubs. Also a giant Pepsi, as he is NOT a morning person, nor is he a coffee person. We were driving together to the town I was working in that day, so he could help his dad move. He needed a bigger breakfast!

Lunch: out with his dad. We shared a medium “everything” pizza from our favourite restaurant there.

Dinner: neither of us were very hungry, hubs had his last 2 pieces of pizza, and I had a tuna sandwich, the last of my pickled eggs, a pickle and some olives. Hubs also had a bowl of cereal before bed.

January 24:

Breakfast: BLT bagel for me, oatmeal for hubs.

Lunch: I had my last piece of pizza, and took the fixings for a tuna sandwich but didn’t eat it. I mooched some homemade butter chicken and naan from one of my staff at work and it was sooooo delicious. Hubby really dislikes the smell of curry, so I almost never make Indian food at home, but I eat all I can get whenever I can!!

Dinner: my large lunch caused me to stay full through the evening, so I skipped dinner. Hubs had 2 soft tacos with leftover taco meat from the freezer. He also had a bowl of oatmeal before bed.

I did a quick run to Save-On for cheese and salsa. It was my turn to buy the coffee and cream for work so I also picked that up. We’re still under the $100 mark for groceries this month, which is great! But, running out of cheese and salsa would have caused even my easy-going hubby to revolt!! We’re also nearing the end of our deli meat (I buy it bulk from Costco and freeze it in smaller portions) so that’s another item I will probably buy, but in smaller quantities as I just don’t want to go into Costco!

16. Jen in IN says:

1/23
    B: overnight oats with blueberries

L: I had cabbage salad with peanut dressing and sunflower seeds. Turkey slider and an orange.
    Boys took turkey sliders, orange, and yogurt tube. Husband had a turkey sandwich and orange.

D: Black bean soup with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, and cheese.

S: Made peach cobbler using frozen peaches that we picked last summer.

1/24
    B: avocado toast and egg

L: I took cabbage salad again. Husband had black bean soup and banana. Oldest had turkey sliders, banana and peanuts. Youngest took cabbage salad, orange, and roll.

D: Instant pot mac and cheese
    Roasted broccoli

S: peach cobbler and ice cream

17. Hope your hubby gets better soon. That’s just no fun at all.

So now I’m curious: What are the egg laws here in CA?

Mon. 1/23/17

B: The usual.

L: Guys–packed-lunch (PBJs, grapes, string cheese, yogurt w/ compote, applesauce, trail mix, water). Me–roasted red pepper hummus quesadilla, salad, grapes.

D: Chicken fajitas (LO cilantro-lime chicken from the freezer & bell pepper slices from the freezer–two bags gone!). Salad. Pear and orange slices.

S/D: Cupcakes at scouts for son (and maybe Hubs too). I had a cup of hot cocoa.

Tues. 1/24/17

B: Oatmeal w/ maple syrup and whipped cream, OJ, coffee.

L: Son–packed (see above). Hubs and me–Roasted red pepper hummus quesadillas, salad w/ leftover fajita filling, grapes, carrots w/ more hummus, water, hot tea.

D: Turkey roast (freezer), mashed potatoes (pantry) and gravy (used up the rest of the sour cream), salad, pear and orange (fridge/our tree) slices. After dinner Hubs ran the rest of the turkey roast through the meat slicer, so now we’ll have turkey sandwiches for a while. It will be a nice change from PBJs. 🙂

S: Pistachios, PB toast

Hope your crew gets back to normal soon.

18. DD1 turned 16 this week! She passed her driver’s test and we celebrated at home with a meal of her choice and, of course, birthday cake. Where does the time go?! Teenagers get a bad wrap! She is on her way and it is a joy to watch (usually 😉

Day 23

B: Smoothies or craisin bran muffins
    L: Leftovers
    D: Chicken Soup Noodles and Better Than Anything Cake

Day 24

B: Yogurt banana splits
    L; Leftovers
    D: DD2 and HH had leftovers at the ski hill. DD2 and I had sausage and rice hotdish at home.

• A bad rap, not wrap. Good grief, why do I do my best proofreading after I hit send?

How exciting for your house! W new driver and 16 year old! In our state (VA) the youngest you can be to get your license is 16 1/4- you have to have the permit for at least 9 months and can’t get the permit until 15 1/2. My son got his permit in december, a month after turning 15 1/2. We’re looking at the Fall for his license. But it’ll probably be faster than my daughter did- she didn’t get her license until 4 days before heading to freshman year in college. (the cons of living in a pretty urban area is the kids just don’t drive as much, so it can take forever for them to be licensed-her story is pretty typical). Keep enjoying the teenage years. I love them, too!! 🙂

• Congrats on passing the test. I had to force my son to get his license. He didn’t mind riding the bus or sitting around until I could get to wherever he was to pick him up so he was in no hurry to bother. He still does not like to drive even though he’s bought his own car now. When he does drive, he is as cautious as an 80yo man. Weird kid. (I don’t mind the cautious bit!)

19. Hope your husband gets feeling better with the meds.
    Monday:
    B-toast for kids and me, meat grits for hubs and fruit for all
    L-leftover pulled pork sandwiches and apple for hubs, salad for me and grapefruit
    D-grilled burgers, homemade steak fries and salad
    Tuesday was a successful PC day. Went through my freezer door and did a clean out. Made 2 triple batches of different granola types. Used up lots of odds and ends of nuts and dried fruit and finished all the flax meal. Oatmeal is pretty well gone. Also made banana blueberry muffins with bananas and blueberries from the freezer and baked 2 loaves of bread. Cleaned out veggie bin and made egg roll stir fry with everything that needed to go.
    B-Meat grits for hubs, grapefruit for me, not sure what kids had
    L-Leftovers for everyone
    D-Egg roll stir fry, fruit and muffins

20. I”m sad to say this is the first time in a while that I haven’t done the pantry challenge. I decided to do Whole30 for the first time and January seemed like the easiest month. However, I am trying to use as much of what I already have as often as I can. At the end of 2016, we bought a quarter of a cow and a whole lamb—both of which were from friends and I know they were completely grass-fed and well taken care of, so we have lots of meat and I also canned/froze items from our garden and local orchards. I will do my own pantry challenge once I’m done with Whole30. I have never been a poor eater but Whole30 has really opened my eyes and made me rethink a lot of my eating habits. And your pantry challenge has helped me be a wiser shopper and also made me rethink a lot of my former habits that resulted in wasted food.
    All this being said, congrats to everyone who is doing the PC—I love reading your posts!
    And Jessica–I love the longer hair, your profile picture on your page is beautiful!!

• Thanks for chiming in. At the end I’ll create a page where folks continuing or starting a late challenge can chat.

• tastycook says:

Another page for this year . Wonderful Jessica.

I really appreciated it last year although I sent thru spells, (vacation for a month, another month in England with mum, settling her into a nursing home and then another few weeks while hubby was in hospital for his heart surgery) when the Pantry Challenge was the last thing on my mind. But, I felt ‘accountable’ and did keep going.

21. 24: had steak tips, (freezer) potatoes and Swiss chard.

25 and 26 ( not sure of order)
    Pulled pork, sweet potato, green beans.
    Casserole of ham, hash browns, eggs and cheese ( all from freezer or frig.). Rest of Swiss chard.

22. Taco soup packaged out today. Put two servings in the freezer in my stack of single meal servings. There is enough left to have tonight for dinner. Baked cinnamon rolls and bread today using up yogurt and acorn squash in it. Saved enough yogurt to start a new batch of yogurt which is cooking now. Did go to the store to buy milk bringing my total for this month to 123.05.

23. Tues beef and noodle broccoli salad and strawberry shortcakes used lot of freezer stuff
    Dh had leftover chichen leg and frozen side meal I had lunch with a friend
    Dinner leftover soup rest of strawberry shortcake

24. Weds – 1/25/17

Meal plan got scraped tonight. Got a SAM’S CLUB membership today and a $20 gift card upon signing up. So, I used some of it to bring home one of their rotisserie chickens. Meatloaf will be for dinner tomorrow night instead.

Did a bit of cooking today. Deboned the chicken after dinner and made a chicken stock with the carcass and skin. I also evicted a lamb neck bone from the freezer to make a lamb stew. And I had a pound of ground chuck to make a big pot of chili. The kitchen smells wonderful. Won’t have to cook dinner for the next few nights!

Breakfast – banana walnut oatmeal and cup of hot tea

Lunch – tuna fish salad and homemade pickled cucumbers

Dinner – Rotisserie chicken, broccolini and my last little loaf of Boston Brown Bread.

25. Monday: B: cream of wheat w/brown sugar & tea. L: Leftovers from Saturday & ice water. D: LOTS of hot incredible appetizers and local cheese platter w/homemade crackers at Cornell Univ Extension Agricultural Meet & Greet for small farms & farm food companies.
    Tuesday: B: oatmeal w/honey & vanilla bean paste & tea. L: Soup & ice water D: steak & corn on cob. S: Yogurt flip.
    Wednesday: B: tea and cinnamon toast. L: left over steak, fresh corn on cob & small potato salad – ice water. D: Large salad with cheese from Monday nite meeting. S: Yogurt flip.

DISCOVERED jet.com and ordered a few different items – had a $10 gift certificate and a 15% off code so tried a few things – love the prices and quick overnight free delivery. All fruit & veggies were less than supermarkets here and even Walmart. Spent about $30 but got enough off to make it worth every penny. Anyone else every tried this company?

26. Mon 1/23
    B – cookies
    L – cheese & salami
    D – burrito bowls
    S – he had cookies, I finished the getting-stale stollen from Christmas

Tues 1/24
    B – breakfast cookies for me, he slept in
    L – lemon-ginger pork loin
    D – I ate on the road, getting a salad and using my free ChickFilA soup coupon for the month. I left him with 6 meals so he supposedly ate one of those