The freezer inventory is dwindling. Except for a lot of grain items that I have in there for long storage, most of the proteins are on their way out this week. I should be able to thaw at the end of the week and then hopefully do some freezer cooking over the weekend.
Saturday morning I sat down with the inventory and a meal planning sheet from my planner and mapped out meals for the week as well as the groceries I really need to make it successful. We are low on butter and milk, items that tend to bring great joy to our days. With only $26 left to spend between now and Wednesday, I’ll be cutting it close.
Here’s how I plan to make the most of what we have this week:
- Breakfast – Whole Grain Cinnamon Rolls, Turkey Sausage, Fruit
- Lunch – Fish Tacos with Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Pinto Beans
- Dinner – Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker with carrots, potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, and mushrooms
- Breakfast – Oatmeal Bar
- Lunch – Sunbutter Crackers, Apples, Carrots
- Dinner – Pot pie with leftovers from Sunday’s dinner OR Pancakes
- Breakfast – Granola Yogurt Parfait
- Lunch – Sandwiches, Veggie Tray
- Dinner – Pork Tenderloin Medallions, Mashed Potatoes
- Breakfast – Breakfast Bar with whatever’s left!
- Lunch – Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken, Veggies, Seasoned Rice Pilaf
- Dinner – Soft Tacos with Seasoned Taco Meat and Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Breakfast – Eggs, Bacon, and Drop Biscuits
- Lunch – Pasta with Red Sauce, Veg
- Dinner – Beans and Rice
- Breakfast – Pancakes, Fruit
- Lunch – Leftovers, if any
- Dinner – Greek Chicken, Homemade Pitas, Hummus