I’m looking forward to this week. It’s when I will give myself permission not to write, answer emails, or otherwise “work”.
It’s a weird thing, this at-home career I’ve created for myself. It’s convenient: I can work in my pajamas or at midnight. It’s also hard to turn off. The boundaries are a little fuzzy: I work in my pajamas or at midnight.
This next week we’ll do the whole staycation thing. Hubs is off work until after New Year’s. The forecast is sunny. And most of the grocery shopping is done.
I hope to feel like a free woman.
I also hope to eat well. We probably will eat out for a few meals; who are we kidding? But, I’m hoping to have some fun cooking sessions in the ktichen:
Here are some of my favorite things that I plan to eat this week:
- Petit Dejeuner
- Eggs Florentine
- Skillet Eggs
- Denver Scramble (using leftover ham)
- Maple Cinnamon Rolls (in jars)
- Turkey Avocado Baguette
- Christmas Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Steamed Veg, Whole Wheat Cranberry Rolls
- Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
- Cilantro-Chipotle Cheeseburgers
- Tuna Sandwiches
- Tamales, Mexican Rice, Caesar Salad
- Paso Mom Tacos
- Pizza Night
- Chicken Gumbo Soup (with leftover ham)
- Poblano Enchiladas, Black Beans, Rice, Salad