A Pantry Challenge requires careful meal planning. Plan meals from what you have, not necessarily what you want.
This is a month of cutting back, thanks to the Pantry Challenge. Since I’ve been more careful in my grocery spending, walking through the store with a calculator, I’ve had to also be more careful in my meal planning.
For instance, most Mexican dishes are off the table since we’re out of masa, tortillas, and chips. I’ll probably cave and buy one of those items this week, but I planned my meals differently than normal in order to focus on what we have. We typically have some Mexican-inspired dish about three times a week. We’re downsizing to one dinner of Rice and Beans.
Here’s the meal plan for the week:
- Zucchini Bread, Fruit Smoothies
- Pork Chops, Curried Potatoes, Salad
- Grilled Salsa Verde Chicken, Mixed Grain Pilaf, Salad, Grilled Vegetables
- Breakfast Bar
- Sunbutter Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks, Lemonade
- Grilled Fish, Quinoa Pilaf, Steamed Vegetables
There’s our meal plan for the week.
What’s on YOURS?
I’ll be posting daily updates on how the challenge is going. You can read through the PC archives here.