Easy dinners are the name of the game. Until Christmas later this week, of course. Then we’re going to feast!
As I mentioned yesterday, we’ve got lots of great food in the pantry and freezer, particularly of the bread, vegetable, and grain variety. I’m adjusting my original monthly plan to reflect what we have in our storehouses, hopefully making the most of what we have as well as avoiding any more grocery expenses this month.
I’ve kept to easy dinners that hubs and older children can help make. But, we’ll be feasting on tamales and tri-tip over the Christmas holiday on the weekend. Yum!
Here’s our meal plan for the week:
18. Dinner out! We missed it last week due to illness.
19. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Veggie Dippers
20. Soup Night, Garlic Bread
22. Pasta bar: lots of noodles, two kinds of sauce, bread, salad – Recently, I discovered that I could roast vegetables, add some tomatoes and spices, and blend it all up for pasta sauce. Ok, folks have been doing that for eons, the “discovery” is that my family, especially the picky members of the crew, didn’t even bat an eyelash!
23. Pizza Night, Oranges
24. Tamales, Rice, Beans, Salad
25. Grilled Tri-Tip, Scalloped Potatoes, Steamed Veg, Rolls