I heard from a friend recently who had read this idea about preparing a snack tray in anticipation of unplanned visitors. She shopped accordingly, and low and behold, folks dropped in unannounced over the weekend. Needless to say, Christine was able to provide her friends with a tasty spread — and impress the socks off her hubby.
I can’t decide what pleases me more, the company-worthy spread or the wowed husband! I love it when a plan comes together….
Here are some pantry/fridge items to stock for simple, impromptu sweets:
- ice cream and sundae toppings
- ice cream, coffee and hot cocoa for affogatos and cocoa floats
- fresh fruit and tea biscuits
- frozen puff pastry and applesauce for Chausson aux Pommes
- chocolate chips and evaporated milk for a quick fondue; fruit and frozen pound cake for dipping
- Nanna’s Apple Pie, stashed in the freezer