One of my favorite festive beverages is a Pellegrino and lime. Granted the mineral water has a distinct taste that some people don’t like, but when served over crushed ice with fresh lime wedges, it’s a very festive and frugal drink to offer your guests at the holiday time.
And one of the beauties of this drink is that the ingredients are easily store in advance so that you don’t need to rush out to buy something special.
In fact, building a party pantry is one of the best things you can do as the winter holidays approach. By keeping your pantry stocked with easy appetizers, desserts, and beverages, you’ll be prepared for drop-in guests and spontaneous family celebrations.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Lay in a supply of the following:
- bottled water, fizzy and not
- hot cocoa
- bottled juices
- better yet, create a Beverage Basket
Keep on hand
- canned tomatoes for Homemade Salsa
- cream cheese, plain yogurt and frozen spinach for Healthier Spinach Dip
- veggies for dipping
Easy and quick dessert fixings:
- sweetened condensed milk, oreos, chocolate chips, and coconut for Double Chocolate Magic Bars
- cake mixes to bake and chocolate fudge sauce to drizzle over at serving time
- chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and poundcake for Chocolate Fondue