What’s on Your Plate? is designed to be a conversation amongst good eaters.
Tell us about a recent meal. Did it meet with rave reviews? Or did it bomb? What side dishes did you pair with the star of the show? Did you try a new ingredient? Find the groceries at great prices?
Share what’s on your plate!
Each week a featured foodie* will share his or her plate and then the rest of us will get a chance to link up our own posts or share in the comments what good cheap eats we’ve been enjoying.
This week’s feature is a little different than normal. Rather than share a recent meal, Liz tells us about what will be on her plate this coming weekend. Sounds delish!
Wow! Where did the Summer go? I’m sure, like me, you had a fun, filled, jam packed Summer. But, all good things come to an end. We will be celebrating Labor Day this weekend, which in our home, means one final Summertime hooray! Enjoying all the vegetables and fruit that the Summer’s harvest has to offer. I also love the simplicity of Labor Day, you don’t have to spend a lot to have a great time.
- Cookout Ideas: Burgers, Chicken Kabobs, Pasta Salad,Roasted Corn Salsa, Best Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, and of course, Dessert…Brownie Dessert Pizza, Cookies and my favorite…Cupcakes
- Drinks: Slushies, Kid-Friendly Drinks, Watermelon Granita
- Pack a Picnic: Easy Sandwiches, Fresh Fruit
- Decorations: Re-use all your Fourth of July goodies
With a little planning, you can host or even attend a Labor Day Cook-out, pretty easily. 2-3 days ahead you can…
- Prepare salads, desserts, even form the hamburger patties ahead of time, to make the day of the cook-out relaxing
- Wrap your silverware in a napkin and place in a basket or container
- Get the yard ready ahead too, wash lawn chairs, clean the grill, and set out some fun games for the kiddos
Most days you can find Liz surrounded by cupcakes over at Hoosier Homemade. If she’s not there, she’s probably throwing a party on her other blog, It’s A Blog Party, where she hosts a different linky party everyday.
What’s on YOUR Plate?
Share with us a recent meal you prepared. Either link it up below or tell us about it in the comments. Please make sure that you link to www.goodcheapeats.com in your post so others know where the dinner party is.
And don’t forget to pop around and visit the other good eaters participating today. I’m sure you will be inspired to make all sorts of Good Cheap Eats at your house.